Friday, January 16, 2009

Gentleman vs "Sui Yu" + Sudden Genting Trip

Just like another normal day, I went back home with Mei Zhen's car... Chit-chat around, and we came to this point...

Mei Zhen: Actually I realised no boy around me is "gentleman" lo...

*A lot of thoughts came into my mind suddenly*

Me: How only a man can be considered as a "gentleman"?

Eventually, we had a chat about it... And we even had a conflict because of the word "gentleman"... @.@

I realised "gentleman" is a kinda famous word in my class, this word usually came from the girls... *ahem* Ok, the moment I bring this topic up, maybe I'm already considered as "not gentleman" by someone... =/

Frankly speaking, I do not know what are the "characteristics" a gentleman should have, according to girls... To me, I picture gentleman having the following characteristics:
  • Polite
  • Patient
  • Always willing to offer help (when he has the ability to do it)

Rich men who can treat people makan or movie everyday are not considered as "gentlemen"!!
Well, at least to me, these do not make them a gentleman yet... =.="

Let's come to another word of the title today, the"sui yu"... In case you cannot get it, "sui yu" should be read in cantonese, direct translation should be "water fish".

Okok, "sui yu" is actually referring to the people who is asked to do something and he/she did it, though he/she might be unwilling to do so... And the he/she can be someone who is too kind, too soft to reject, or too stupid to accept all the jobs... Detailed explanation here is for my friends who don't understand cantonese..

The reason I put "sui yu" to be compared with gentleman is because I've seen some so called "gentlemen" really be treated as "sui yu"... It can be a situation like:
"Hey, can you help to carry my books or not?! Be gentleman a bit!!"
And the man who is already holding 3/4 thick books in hand said:
"Okok..."

It was a true incident which I've seen a few times...


My humble opinion: Do not judge, and do not FORCE someone to be the "gentleman" in your life.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday (12/01/2009):




This is the conversation when we're told that all the classes after 11am will be cancelled because of staff meeting...

"Eh, we go Genting lo..."

"Huh?!"

"Wah, sot meh..."

"Erm..."

"Let's go!!"


With 2 "Myvi"s which consist of 10 people, we drove up to Genting Highlands from our college!




~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was not a planned trip, and many things were not checked... The cars were not checked, the petrol level was only checked on half way and we weren't really sure of the route... =.="


God bless, we reached there safely...


The mist...


Flower surrounded by leaves LOL

Boys (1)

Boys (2)

Boys (3)

Boys (4)

Everyone is in this photo except HUAN WEIYI...
*Please note that you can't find her in any of the pictures...

The shop keeper told us that we cannot take photo with their toys...


"Wei Hunt, really cannot la..."


"Oh..."

No comments: