Sunday, July 20, 2008

Am I really that quiet?

Yesterday was my cousin's baby "Full Month" celebration...

Due to my mum's "compulsory to attend!!" instruction, I'd rejected 2 invitations yesterday:
  • Mrs. Teh's dinner (Cast: Jason, Kar Hoe, Simon, Benny...)
  • Hew Zhen's "yam cha" plan (Cast: Hew Zhen, Jian Shen, a few other ex-classmates I guess)
Yeah, obviously I'm going to have more fun meeting up my friends... Anyway...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Let's come back to the first sentence of this post... "Cousin's baby"? Did I type wrongly?

NO!!! It's really cousin punya anak... FYI, I have lots of cousins on my mum's side... ALOT!!! Roughly I think I have... 20 plus cousins!!! Well, I wonder whether there's 30 or not, I just can't remember all of them because there are too many... And another statistic for you, among these 20 plus cousins, only 5 are not married... 1 cousin is younger than me... Yes, only O-N-E, one... =.="

Therefore you can see, most of my cousins are actually fathers and mothers, there's a huge generation gap between my cousins and I... Other than the one who is younger than me 3 years, my other cousins are at least 4 years older than me... My eldest cousin? Around 40+ years old, haha!

Now you know sometimes why I don't really enjoy being with my relatives? BORING... Not that I wanted to be silent while being with my relatives, it's because I don't know what to talk!! Sometimes they will talk about their work, sometimes about their children, their family...

Yeah, I can be very sociable with the people around me, but when comes to relatives, I'm mute... =.= I used to walk around and see what my relatives doing, but I realised I couldn't join in any of them... Sometimes I'll be awkward when my aunties asked my mum: "Why Hong Hong so quiet wan?"

Kk, stop laughing at the "Hong Hong" thingy, that's how my mum's side relatives called me since 18 years ago!! The main point is, I hardly get into the topics that they talked about... Just like yesterday, I did only 4 things at my uncle's house: Greet my relatives, eat, watch TV & play with my phone... Until one point where my phone ran out of battery, I eat again... =.=" Cousin's children are a lot also!! Once they were all combined, my ears would be tortured by their screaming and shouting... Even I turned the TV volume up to 30+, I still barely hear a single word from TV, imagine that... Don't misunderstand, I still love children... =)


Cutest of all:




I felt left out... I wonder whether there's one day where I can mix around with my cousins and relatives... Until my cousin's children grow up to be teenagers? Or until I grow up to be a man?

No comments: