Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Seeing & Listening to BOTH sides

I would like to share something today... One of the "principles" in my life... *big word huh?*... Let me start with a little story which happened today... =P

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My economics lecturer like to ask students to answer her questions in the class, especially during tutorial classes...

My friend who sat beside me and I were both asked 2 questions by her today... My friend managed to answer 2 questions correctly with correct explanations, while I didn't manage to answer any of them...

What do you think if you are an outsider looking at the situation above?

The truth is, my friend was playing phone and not concentrating at all, while I was trying hard to understand what the teacher was explaining... My friend managed to answered the questions correctly because I told him the answers + explanations, while I didn't manage to answer the questions which teacher referred to me... =.="
Haha, this is no offence to my friend ok? I know he is reading my blog also... =P Just that I'll need an example for the title today...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At times, we tend to judge something by looking/listening to "one side"... Just another example... If one day I would tell you this...

"Eh, don't friend with him!! Yesterday I saw him stolen something..." *Assuming 'him' is a friend of you...


OR


"She said that you're stupid!!" *Assuming 'she' is a friend of you...


How would you react after listening to these? Most people I would say, will tend to believe what the person says and keep a distance with the people who were pinpointed... Do you ever wonder: Should I listen to 'him' or 'her' who is pinpointed as well?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Haha, trust me, this post is not to intentionally "shooting" someone, REALLY NOT... =.=" Just that it suddenly came into my mind and I feel like sharing it out today.

It's been my habit to see and listen to things around me at both side... I tend to refer to more than one party when dealing with important matters... Well, simply because I think it's an important part of communication...

No comments: